Thursday, May 15, 2014

The desire to mix things up a bit

The number one challenge so far is finding meals that I can enjoy and my family might possibly eat.  There is a great website ohsheglows.com that has only Vegan reciepes that can also be Gluten free.  I'm not one to follow a receipe exactly.  I like to mix it up a bit and add in a little of this and a little of that.  You know, keep things interesting.  I have made 3 reciepes from the website and all have tasted wonderful!  My kids have even unknowingly enjoyed avacodo, kale and almond milk.  Their favorite has been the smoothies we make in the afternoon (this also is my favorite as I have quite the sweet tooth).  

Planning ahead is big.  I can't just stand in front of the fridge and magically dinner will appear (believe me, I've tried :).  The menu for the week is planned out on Sunday.  This helps in the meal making process as all ingredients that I want to use for the reciepes are at my finger tips. So far it has been fun to try new things and experiment...I hope I still feel that way at the end if the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment